Work with Date formats during Column Mapping
Learn how to configure the mapping interface to display columns with date values.
Reltio natively supports common date formats. For more information on Reltio-supported Date formats, see topic Reltio attribute types.
Even if a source file contains dates in an unsupported format, you do not need to transform date values in uncommon data format into supported formats before uploading a source file. Data Loader can accept and transform date values in any date format virtually. You can explicitly define the patterns of uncommon date formats used in Data Loader job files. Data Loader can accurately parse timestamps and transform applicable date values before loading them into mapped attributes that use standard and officially supported date formats.
- Select a column in the source file.The column can contain date values.
- Select the date from the list of attributes to which it will be mapped.For example, in the following image, you can easily map the supportedDate column to Activation Date.
- Select the UnsupportedDate column.
Selecting an attribute will help you to allow Data Loader to map this to a date-typed attribute and load the column’s data correctly.
- Choose a date attribute from the list of attributes to which it will be
In this example, the Deactivation Date is selected.
See the following example in which the UnsupportedDate column contains dates in an unsupported format.
- Click the gear icon next to Deactivation Date.
- Select Input Data Format and enter the pattern of the date format in the
field.Note: This input field is available for Date/Time/Timestamp simple attributes only. It will not appear if you map a date type column from a source file to a regular simple attribute of string type in Reltio L3.
Selecting an attribute will help you to allow Data Loader to map this to a date-typed attribute and load the column’s data correctly.In this scenario, the user would enter dd.MM.yyyyy. Reltio does not support the native format, but providing this definition of the data type while configuring mapping allows Data Loader to convert the raw values from the input file to a supported format while loading them into the mapped attributes on the corresponding.
To know more information about the date and time patterns, see Simple Date Format.