You can configure the user interface available in Hub through the UI Modeler application.
The task of configuring the UI traditionally requires technical knowledge of JSON configuration files. The UI Modeler application of Console avoids this by presenting a graphical user interface that enables the administrator to configure the interface without having to write code.
Using the UI Modeler app, you can design the layout of your dashboard and your profile pages. You can choose the charts, maps or graphs that you want to view on your dashboard/profile page and decide how they are placed.
As an administrator, you can use the UI Modeler to perform any of the following tasks:
- Select the tenant to be configured
Customize the tenant dashboard
- Customize the tenant Profile page
- Add facets to a page with drag-and-drop facility and configure the facet properties using a point-and-click interface
- Publish a page
Here is a typical UI Modeler screen.
The UI Modeler includes the following components:
- The Console header that displays the tenant whose Profile page is being modeled
- UI Modeler header the Publish button.
In the header, the Select the UI version you want to model option allows you to select the UI version - classic or new - that you want to model. You will be able to view this option only if had configured your tenant using the classic UI.Note: This option is available only when you select an entity type under Profile pages in the left navigation.
- The Dashboard pages option enables you to configure your dashboard.
- The Profile pages option contains all available entity types and enables you to configure your profile page for each entity type.
- The three-column editing area. In the case of configuring the profile page for the new UI, it is a four column editing area