Reltio Release Process and Schedule
Learn about Reltio's preview and release process that helps to achieve seamless and disruption-free releases.
Reltio Connected Data Platform is an industry-leading platform for managing connected entity data, driving hyper-personalization, and simplifying compliance. Reltio is the foundational data platform for mission-critical applications for companies worldwide. As a cloud-native solution, Reltio delivers continuous innovation to customers without the burden of managing the infrastructure and software version upgrades.
Reltio is committed to delivering innovative functionality with predictable results that empower you, our customers, through an agile release process to meet the demands of today’s challenges and opportunities. Every release is configurable and of high quality. Moreover, our releases are disruption-free, with no ‘big bang’, no heavy effort, and no surprises.
Reltio has three major releases a year in February, June, and October. In these releases, we introduce new General Availability (GA) and Early Access (EA) features and major enhancements.
- Scope: Previews are at the feature level.
- Dates: The Preview period begins three weeks before major GA release date. We'll communicate these dates to you in advance of the major release, so you can prepare for internal testing and provide feedback to Reltio for Preview features.
- Tenants: We enable development tenants with the new features and enhancements during the Preview period. We enable Test and Production environments for the GA release.
- Contents: We'll hold a Release Overview webinar prior to a release, to describe the new features and enhanced functionality we're introducing.
This table lists dates for our upcoming major releases.
|Release Version||Date of Preview Release||Date of General Availability Release|
Identify development tenants enabled for preview
The About box displays the current Reltio release version. The Preview labels enable you to learn about the Development tenants enabled for the Preview release.
To ensure disruption-free releases bringing innovations faster to customers, we deliver weekly releases that include enhancements as well as required fixes. Weekly releases deliver value faster and more transparently by incorporating smaller changes with consistent quality.
- Learn about new features and fixes in the Release Notes we publish with each weekly release.
- Choose which features or enhancements, such as configurable functionality or backward-compatible API changes, you want to enable at your convenience.
Early Access (EA) features
We release some features only to a select set of interested customers and partners who commit to participating in a program where they deploy and adopt a new feature and provide feedback. Such features meet specific success criteria before they get formally included as General Availability (GA) features in a major release. The Early Access program enables us get early feedback from customers, so we can improve the feature functionality, documentation, and logistics such as pricing, infrastructure requirements, and scaling parameters.
The documentation identifies features in the Early Access program. If you see an EA feature that sparks your interest, open a support ticket requesting access to the EA program.
We periodically deprecate older products, features, and services. In certain cases, we replace them with new and improved products. We let you know well in advance when we intend to discontinue or make backward incompatible changes to our products, features, and functionality.
- required by law or third-party relationship (including if there is a change in applicable law or relationship)
- doing so could create a security risk or substantial economic or material technical burden
Find out about features we plan to deprecate in topic Say farewell to departing features.